Since March 2020, volunteers working onsite have donated nearly 3,000 hours, an equivalent of more than $56,000 in time and skills, to the Burke Museum. Volunteers who have been unable to return to positions due to COVID-19 have continued to support us in new and creative ways.
Thank you for being a part of our community, and for supporting us and each other!
Volunteering at the Burke
If you are passionate about our work, curious about the world around you and committed to building an equitable and inclusive museum for all, we strongly encourage you to apply to an open position. In addition to our immense gratitude, Burke volunteers receive:
- A Volunteer Orientation introducing Burke history, collections, programs and essential operations
- Free museum admission
- Discounts in the Burke Store and Off the Rez Café
- Special event invitations and continuing education opportunities
- Networking opportunities with curators, researchers, museum professionals and other passionate volunteers
- Up-close and behind-the-scenes connections with Burke collections and research
- A Dual Burke membership at 50 volunteer hours
Stay in the Loop
While the museum faces limited visitor and staff capacity due to COVID-19, we are unable to accept new volunteers as our former team members wait to return to their role. If you’d like to be notified once we are able to accept new volunteers, please sign up below!
At the Burke, we bring together people, objects and the stories that make them meaningful.