Member & Donor Preview
Grand Opening Weekend
Member & Donor Preview
We’re staying open late so members have plenty of time to see the whole museum. Join us as we celebrate YOU—the members and supporters who built this new museum. Not a member? Join today
Throughout Grand Opening Weekend, the new Burke Yard outdoor space will be transformed into a festival with multicultural music and dance performances, family-friendly activities, and food trucks.
Grand Opening Weekend is also the grand opening of the new Off the Rez Café! Enjoy tasty fry bread and other Native foods in Off the Rez’s first brick-and-mortar location. Their food truck, rated one of the Top 25 Food Trucks in America by Food Network, will also be here all of opening weekend.
Collect your special edition New Burke member button when you arrive, then take a break from the crowds to watch the performances from our Member Lounge.
Member and Donor Preview Day
Schedule of Activities
- Microscope investigations, coloring, and touchable objects
- Fossil rubbing and dino play
- Hidden Husky Scavenger Hunt: Find the huskies to win a temporary tattoo!
- 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Archaeology Workroom Open Door
- 11 AM - 2 PM: Contemporary Culture Workroom Open Door
- 1:30-4:30 PM: Learning Lab Inside the Glass with Girls in Science
- 1-5 PM: Artist Workshop Open Door with carver Dusty Humphries and weaver Rachel Martin
- 4:30-7:30 PM: Biology Workroom Open Door
- 4:30-7:30 PM: Paleontology Workroom Open Door
- 10 AM: Dancing with Halau Hula Pulamahiaikalikolehua
- 10:30 AM: Dancing with Brazilian Capoeira
- 11:30 AM: Music with Ariel Advincula
- 12 PM: Burke Trivia
- 12:30 PM: Songs with the Lummi Canoe Family
- 1:30 PM: Drumming with Seattle Kokon Taiko
- 2:30 PM: Songs with the Muckleshoot Canoe Family
- 3:30 PM: Burke Trivia
- 5 PM: Music with Sabyu Island Reggae Band
- 6 PM: Karaoke
- 10 AM - 3 PM: Patricia Allen-Dick
- 3-8 PM: Aleksa Manila
- 10 AM - 2 PM: Al Charles
- 2-6 PM: Joe Seymour
- 6-8 PM: Alex McCarty
- 10 AM - 2 PM: Melissa Streun
- 2-6 PM: Tsi'li'xw Bill James
- 6-8 PM: Mary Jane Ides
- 10 AM - 3 PM: Chalk Artist Toka Valu
- 10 AM - 8 PM: Learn about the native plants in the New Burke landscaping with members of the Oxbow Farms & Conservation Center—the organization that cultivated over 70,000 plants from seedlings
- 8 AM - 8 PM: Off the Rez
- 3-8 PM: Pecos Pit Bar-B-Que
- 12 -8 PM: Kathmandu MoMoCha
Book a timed ticket ahead of your visit:
- Advance timed tickets are offered every 60 minutes throughout the day.If advance tickets are still available, they will be listed at burkemuseum.org/tickets.
- Please arrive as close as possible to the entry time listed on your ticket. There is a lot to see and do at the Burke Museum, so we suggest allowing between 1 1/2 and 2 hours to make the most of your visit.
- Walk up admissions may be available on a first come, first served basis as museum capacity allows.