How it works
Funding through this grant has the following stipulations:
- Typical awards range from $500 to $2,000
- Awards cover travel, housing, and subsistence while visiting the UWBM
- Housing costs are limited to $150/day
- Projects of three days or longer are encouraged
- This grant is not available to researchers within daily commuting distance of the UWBM
- Funds will be dispersed upon arrival to the UWBM
The following items must be compiled into a single PDF and emailed to Christian Sidor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A two-page (maximum) project description, including:
- Title of project
- Proposed start and end dates
- Project narrative (including all text, references, and figures)
A one page (maximum) budget proposal, including:
- Travel costs
- Housing costs
- Subsistence costs
- A short budget justification
- A 1-2 page report detailing grant-funded activities must be submitted within six months of visiting the UWBM.
- Grant recipients from the United States are required to complete a W-9 tax form prior to funding.
- Grant recipients from outside of the United States must submit original receipts for all expenses related to their visit.
Applications for the annual Vertebrate Paleontology Collection Study Grant are closed. Please check back in fall 2019 for next year's application deadline. Grant funds must be used within one year of notification, or are otherwise forfeited.