How it works
Funding through this grant has the following stipulations:
- Typical awards range from $500 to $2,000
- Awards cover travel, housing, and subsistence while visiting the UWBM
- Housing costs are limited to $150/day
- Projects of three days or longer are encouraged
- This grant is not available to researchers within daily commuting distance of the UWBM
- Funds will be dispersed upon arrival to the UWBM
The following items must be compiled into a single PDF and emailed to Christian Sidor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A two-page (maximum) project description, including:
- Title of project
- Proposed start and end dates
- Project narrative (including all text, references, and figures)
- Reference to specific UWBM specimens or collections to be studied
A one page (maximum) budget proposal, including:
- Travel costs
- Housing costs
- Subsistence costs
- A short budget justification
- A 1–2 page report detailing grant-funded activities must be submitted within six months of visiting the UWBM.
- Grant recipients from the United States are required to complete a W-9 tax form prior to funding.
- Grant recipients from outside of the United States must submit original receipts for all expenses related to their visit.
Due to COVID-19 we are not currently accepting applications. We will announce when we are accepting applications again—please check back soon.