Life in One Cubic Foot Educator Preview
Date & Time
Thursday, February 17
This event is in the past.
FREE event for educators
Join us from your home!
From Seattle’s Seward Park to a coral reef in the South Pacific, Life in One Cubic Foot reveals the diversity of nature and inspires visitors to become community scientists. Join us for a special free virtual preview of the exhibit just for educators! Learn how to bring community science into your classroom: sample life in one cubic foot by building your own “biocube” or participate in a new Burke project about land slugs and snails. We’ll also share other Burke programs that tie in with the exhibit and support hands-on learning in your classroom.
Virtual event includes:
- A free pass to see the Life in One Cubic Foot exhibit in person.
- Meet and chat with Burke staff and experts from exhibits, education and collections, including:
- Melissa Frey, Invertebrate Zoology Collections Manager
- Mary Jane Topash (Tulalip), Assistant Director for Cultural Education Initiatives
- Rowe Redick, Exhibit Developer
- A chance to win raffle prizes including a Burke membership.
- Opportunities to connect with other educators in the virtual Teacher’s Lounge.
- Access to an exclusive digital resource from the Burke Education Team.