Date & Time
Sunday, June 5, 2022
10 AM – 5 PM
10–11 AM Burke member hour
11 AM – 5 PM, 4 PM last admission
This event is in the past.
Save your spot—get timed tickets to DinoFest online!
4303 Memorial Way NE
Seattle, WA, United States
Put on your pith helmets and head to the home of Washington’s only dinosaur discovery for the Burke’s annual festival of fossils. During this museum-wide event, hear about groundbreaking research from Burke and UW scientists; enjoy hundreds of specimens from the Burke’s collection; and celebrate all things fossilized with fossil digs, ancient animal identification, microfossil sorting, crafts, and more!
Save your spot! Get your timed tickets to DinoFest online.
– Watch paleontologists remove rock from fossils in our visible Fossil Prep Lab.
– Enjoy talks with Burke paleontologists about the latest fossil finds.
– Learn about the fossils of Sucia Island, including the one and only dinosaur bone found in Washington.
– Chat with UW paleontology students about fossils from the Burke's extensive vertebrate and invertebrate collections.
– Check out the amazing T. rex skull discovered by Burke scientists.
– Practice being a paleontologist by uncovering ancient creatures in fossil dig pits.
– Use million-year-old shell and leaf fossils to create a real clay cast to take home!
– Go on a Jurassic quest to complete the Burke fossil challenge!
– Get a closer look at the tools paleontologists use out in the field and at the museum.
Directions & Parking
This a popular event and high attendance is expected.
Parking is extremely limited, so plan for alternative options when possible.