Still have questions? Find answers here.
Leading up to the event:
- Planning support from the Special Events Coordinator
The day of your event:
- An Event Lead will be on site to assist during your event.
- Setup and break down of any museum equipment
- Furniture, as available, including tables, chairs, stages and a podium
- AV equipment, including a PA system with wireless microphones and (in the Burke Room only) a projector and screen
- Coordination of and communication with vendors by museum event staff
You may arrange for additional equipment (e.g., chairs, tables, AV equipment) and staff (e.g., bartending or food service) from external vendors. See our list of preferred vendors or talk with the Special Events Coordinator if you would like additional suggestions.
You are welcome to preview the rental spaces on your own when the museum is open (daily from 10 am to 5 pm), but we highly recommend scheduling a personal tour with our Special Events Coordinator. That way you can talk about specifics and ask any questions you might have about your event.
Yes, because of the sensitivity of our museum environment, we do not allow:
- Candles, smoking or open flames
- Live animals (service animals exempt)
- Taping or tacking of decorations or materials to walls, pillars, windows, woodwork or exhibits
Yes, we can arrange guided exhibit tours and activities for all ages and interests. Please contact the Special Events Coordinator to ask about offerings and prices.
Museum parking is available for your guests on campus through the University of Washington and throughout the University District (more details about parking here). You can also prepay for your guests’ parking. Ask the Special Events Coordinator for details.
To secure your event date, you will need to provide a deposit (50% of rental cost) and complete the following:
- Rental agreement
- UW forms and permits (if applicable)
The Special Events Coordinator is happy to guide you through these forms.
If you would like to work with a vendor not on our preferred list, just let us know. We will work with them to be sure they are familiar with the museum building and our policies.