Included with museum admission; FREE for Burke members, w/UW ID, and children 4 & under
Bring your budding paleontologist to the Burke for monthly fossilized fun. Enjoy three prehistoric stations every month ranging from touching real fossils, making discoveries in the dino dig pit, solving dinosaur mysteries, dino dress-up and more. Activities and themes change monthly so there’s always something new! Please note: the Dino Dig Pit is out certain months, see below for when it will be available.
In September, learn about dinosaurs and their prehistoric pals! Unearth a marine reptile, create an origami pterodactyl, learn about dino teeth at the touch table station and more.
I Dig Dinos is open to everyone but is geared toward ages 3-7.
Parking is free in UW parking lots on Sundays, including the N5 parking lot closest to the Burke Museum. Plan your visit.
- September 24: Cretaceous Creatures (with Dig Pit)
- October 29: Dino Fashion (no Dig Pit at this event)
- November 26: Dino Holidays (no Dig Pit at this event)
- January 28: Be a Paleontologist (with Dig Pit)
- February 25: Dino Weekend Preview (no Dig Pit at this event)
- March 25: Ancient Animals (no Dig Pit at this event)
- April 29: Dino Environments (no Dig Pit at this event)
- May 27: Undersea Adventures (with Dig Pit)
- June 24: Ice Ages (no Dig Pit at this event)