Included with museum admission;
FREE for Burke members, UW students, staff & faculty w/UW ID
See hundreds of exciting dinosaur fossils and other prehistoric creatures from the Burke's collection! This year, become a Junior Paleontologist and hone your prehistoric sleuthing skills. Meet paleontologists and talk to them about what it's like to have a career working with fossils, as well as their groundbreaking research from around the world.
Due to the popularity of Dino Days and to make sure everyone has room to enjoy the event, timed, pre-sale tickets are now available. We highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance to ensure your spot!
- Watch paleontologists prepare the skull of the recently-discovered “Tufts-Love” T. rex
- Practice being a paleontologist by uncovering prehistoric creatures in a fossil dig pit
- Make a fossil imprint to take home
- Complete a fossil challenge and become a certified Junior Paleontologist
- Meet paleontologists at a Paleontology Career Booth and find more about how you can become a paleontologist yourself
- Get a closer look at the tools paleontologists use out in the field and in the museum's lab
- Have your face painted like a dinosaur
- Dress up as a paleontologist or a dino and give your best roar
There will be a Burke Museum photographer/videographer at this event. The footage and photos may be used for future promotional, educational and press purposes. If you wish to not be photographed or filmed, please inform the photographer(s). Thank you and enjoy the event! Questions? Contact the Burke Communications office at firstname.lastname@example.org, 206.616.7538. This serves as an official notification and releases the Burke Museum from any and all claims that may be made.
We're expecting large crowds at Dino Days. If the nearby parking lots are full, there is street parking available on adjacent streets and other lots on campus that are a short walk away. View our Directions & Parking page for more information.