Included with museum admission
FREE for Burke members, UW students, staff & faculty with ID
Meet Taima the Hawk! Have your photo taken with the Seattle Seahawks Augur Hawk from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm.
Paul Bannick will discuss the genesis of his new book, OWL: A Year in the Lives of North American Owls. His talk, full of compelling new photos and videos will discuss everything from how his first book The Owl and Woodpecker educated his focus, to how he selected a publisher, targeted photos, found owls and tailored a narrative. Talks at 11 am and 1:30 pm.
Test your birding skills with Bird Jeopardy at 12 and 2:30 pm.
- Learn about hummingbird migration.
- Get to know neighborhood birds with bird specimens, nests and eggs of Seattle.
- See remarkable California Condor specimens.
- Get to know Marbled Murrelets and their conservation needs.
- Touch beautiful wings from the Burke’s spread wing collection—the largest collection of its kind in the world.
- Examine extinct bird specimens.