Included with museum admission; FREE for Burke members, UW students, staff & faculty w/UW ID
Uncover thousands of years of history in Washington state in one special day at the Burke Museum. Discover how people lived in our state in the past, what tools they made and how they made them with hundreds of artifacts on display at this annual all-ages event.
- Examine artifacts from Finntown, a historic Seattle site that was once home to a glass foundry.
- Try your hand at the ancient hunting skill of atlatl throwing.
- Watch flintknapping demonstrations and discover how projectile points were made.
- Find out what your car keys are made of or if your ring is pure gold with an X-ray fluorescence ray gun used to analyze artifacts.
- Try on scuba gear, write underwater and learn more about underwater archaeology.
- Investigate ancient charcoal under microscopes.
- And more!